Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

Bowls Lancashire

FAQ

Q.    What is Bowls Lancashire ?

'Bowls Lancashire was formed on the 19th November 2007 and was the 'unification' of Lancashire County Bowling Association and Lancashire County Women's Bowling Association.  

This happened following the setting up of Bowls England, which is the body responsible for all Outdoor Flat Green Bowling in England. 

Q.      What Flat green Bowling is available in Lancashire.?

There are five bowling clubs in Bowls Lancashire which have the use of  five facilities.  If you follow this link it will show you the available Clubs, which are spread across Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Cheshire.

Q.    What if I am a beginner and wish to take up bowls.

You can either send an email to the County Administrator at bowlslancashire@gmail.com with your contact details, or get in touch with the Club Secretary of the relevant Club that you would be interested in bowling at. 

Q.      Will I need my own equipment to take up the sport?

The majority of the Clubs have the facilities to give new bowlers 'help' in the  initial stages to give you an opportunity to see whether you would like to  continue to play the sport. 

Q.   Isn't it the case that it is a game for old and retired people.

Yes, old and retired people do play the sport but there are lots of players in the County who will not be looking at being old for at least the next 30 or 40  years.  We have a successful Under 25 'White Rose Trophy' team of lads who made it to the Regional Finals of the National Competition